It’s the heart of the Yardley, PA, summer, it’s 95 degrees and your air conditioning unit just stopped functioning.
Good thing the expert AC repair technicians at One Hour have your back.
We provide AC repair service to areas in and near:
- Yardley, PA
- Glenside, PA
- Elkins Park, PA
- Churchville, PA
- Richboro, PA
- Villanova, PA
- And other communities in Bucks County, PA, and Montgomery County, PA
We will make sure we have your system repaired immediately, so there’s no need to suffer during the summer heat wave. You shouldn’t have to be sweating inside your own home and tossing back and forth at night attempting to sleep in the dense humidity.
Even if you need emergency AC repair services on the weekend or the middle of the night when your unit breaks down, we are available around the clock, whether you live in Yardley, PA, or anywhere else in the Bucks County, PA, or Montgomery County, PA areas.
- Clogged filters
- Dirty coils
- Low refrigerant
- Dead circuit boards
- Burned out motors
What Happens When the Air Filter Gets Clogged?
Clogged air filters are the most common reason for a heating or cooling system breakdown. Dust and debris are responsible for the restricted air flow, which forces the furnace to strain. In turn, the use of more energy drives up the utility bills. Here are some of the symptoms of a clogged furnace filter:
- Increased Energy Consumption – According to the Department of Energy, a clogged filter can use 15 percent more energy. An air conditioning system relies on the recirculation of air, but if the blower fan has to work harder to draw air throughout your home, the higher the energy bills will be.
- Low Efficiency Heating and Cooling – Since the blower has to work extra hard to pass air through the clogged filter, you might experience hot and cold spots throughout your home. This makes it difficult to set the temperature to a desired level.
- Unhealthy Air – The dust and debris that should’ve been cleared out by the filter gets recirculated back into the home. This is very harmful for people who suffer from asthma, and the dust and debris that spreads can cause chronic allergies.
- Frozen Evaporator Coils – Clogs during the summer months have the potential to freeze up the cooling coil, since not enough air is getting past the coil to dissipate the condensation. The frozen condensation impacts the amount of heat the unit can remove from the air.
- Furnace Failure – A clogged air filter can cause a heater to stop completely. Internal damage is the costliest if a filter isn’t properly changed.
Air moves across the indoor coil unit, which is where heat is absorbed into the refrigerant in the coil and circulated to your condenser coil through tubing.
When a condenser coil gets dirty, the following issues might occur:
- Energy efficiency drops dramatically
- Energy consumption is increased, while cooling efficiency falls up to as much as 30 percent
- The life of the unit is reduced
Low refrigerant can cause a lack of cooling, but if the refrigerant is low in your system, it might be due to a leak in the unit. If a leak is suspected, one of our technicians should be contacted immediately.
Dead Circuit Boards
If you notice that your control board is fried, you can find a potential replacement by finding either the manufacturer’s part number or the unit’s model and serial number. A board can easily be replaced on your own. The power should be turned off first and all of the wires should be marked off. The board is held in place by screws or plastic clips and the new board is put in place before being screwed and secured.
Now you can reconnect the wires and power. Make sure you verify whether your system is working properly by restoring the power and running the unit through a heating or cooling cycle.
Burned Out Motors
If your motor is burned out or faulty, chances are your unit will shut down entirely. You can then decide whether you want your motor replaced or repaired, depending on the extent of the damage.
Reach Out Today
We at One Hour value our customers throughout our service area, and make it a priority to supply dependable and efficient AC repair services. Every AC repair and AC installation task that we perform is done in a prompt and accurate manner while maintaining our courtesy toward our customers. We continually exceed expectations when it comes to repairing air conditioners.
Always on time…or you don’t pay a dime!®
We’ve been satisfying AC repair customers located throughout Bucks County, PA, and Montgomery County, PA. Any interested parties in Yardley, PA, are encouraged to check out the rest of our website to learn more about HVAC air handlers or give us a call at 215-960-9309.